Friday, July 20, 2012

The Path To The Present: My Journey To Today

From the moment I felt the cracked stone under my paw and the bustle of this strange place, I felt, well, normal. There were not many other animals crowded around me, and few things to do. From the new land in the northwest came snow, and from the dry canyons of the opposite came heat. Spending many of my days exploring, I became a wanderer. Little did I know that this tiny little world of mine, the small unpopular Jamaa as it was, was going to get flipped like a pancake. This is my side of Jamaa's sacred evolution.

By this time, Jamaa was still nothing. The water beyond the very edge of the sandy shores held no secrets, simply empty darkness of a barren wasteland. Beyond the cliffs of the mountain lay nothing but the pure distance itself. But still, I was happy. I did not know such little things could matter. I liked this little world of the Jammers, the memory of Liza fresh in my mind, still empty and eager to learn. It was forever my home. Little did I know that my world was about to vanish.....

6 months later.......

"No.... way..." The last of my early world was gone, replaced by an ickish sort of THING, something to do with dens. I gave a long stare at it, staring and staring, hoping and trying to make it dissappear, having the old, run-down plank makeshift shop appear in front of my eyes once more. The run-down shop where my beta life started was gone. I looked aside me, as a wolf stared, giving me a strange look as if to say, "What's wrong with you?" I simply gazed ahead. "Forget it, Infinity." I whispered to myself. "It's gone. And there's nothing you can do about it." I sighed and walked off with a heavy heart and tired paws, trying to hang on to the warm memories of the early Jamaa. But they all seemed to vanish in a blink - the wonderful Jammers I had met, and shared good times with. The adventures I had gone on, all vanishing. Suddenly the home I had explored, the home I had lived in and treasured, even the hot canyons seemed so cold, as piercing as the icicles in my heart from forbidden memories. It seemed so lost and barren, unfamiliar. I repositioned my paws, trying to keep steady through the one million dizzying thoughts swirling around in my head - remembering the words Liza had said to me, showing me the history of Jamaa and all around, remembering the future they all had predicted for everyone. "Nothing but lies." I whispered to myself. "Why could I have not known?"

I sat on my bed, staring around me. My beloved plants, my raincloud, the things I loved so much, all here. Even my flooring marked a place in my heart. I stared at the map, my journal, my memories of the time before forever etched in the eternal notepad of my brain. They stood out like ancient cave drawings dancing in the flickering firelight, telling a story only I could understand. I gazed at my cherry tree telling of the ages, then at my favorite plushies and plants. Then, I thought of my friends. I had so many of them, and they too had plants and things they adored from their early years here. Would they let it all go, forget it, erase it from their mind, eternally lost in the essence of the forever ages? Would I give my beloved memories away, perhaps the only thing I had left of my soul, for the sake of ourselves? Would anyone be willing to give so much for so little that we could change? No. I thought. No. I would never give so much for the future of our world. We don't need the future, for it is our past that lies ahead. Why cannot they see that it is not a backwards world, that it is not from a parallel universe that we simply step through? No, for it is US. We have shaped the sands of our future the very wrong way, ruffling our fur and feathers not the way I wanted it. No one wants to realize that our culture is slipping away beneath our absent-minded paws, only focused on what lies in front of us. Perhaps it is our past that keeps the answers, hidden in the depths of our memories. Have we gone mad, our brains lost in the future before us? Does not a single soul appreciate their childhood enough to keep it? Does no one mind that we are lost in the updates and technology? Am I the only one who notices our lost steps? Am I the only one who cares? Well by now I was whispering, then yelling at the top of my wolf lungs, When I finally zoomed out of my thoughts, I found myself yelling at my poor innocent raincloud, which kept pouring it's rain as only it was supposed to. When I glanced around my den, sheepishly realizing there was no one around, I backed right back onto my bed. No one was listening. And obviously my raincloud wasn't going to do anything. If no one was going to listen, how could I make a difference? Clearly I cannot do it myself. But no one - I stopped my thoughts and realized something. I was perhaps alone, maybe the only one who thought of our history this way. "So if no one will change our past..... I'll do it myself!"

No comments:

Post a Comment