Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Beta Times: The Inside Scoop of Early Animal Jam

Hey Jammers! Many of you must be wondering, "What in the name of StarClan is beta?" Well, this post was meant for you! I don't know every detail, but this should just about answer your question. Hopefully.

Now I wasn't here when Animal Jam started way back when - I may have joined it a bit late, but I got quite an eyeful, and it sure has changed since the good days. First of all, when you create a multiplayer website such as Animal Jam, it's not perfect. So, for a few months to a year, or somewhere around there, the site goes through a period called beta - and during this time, glitches are fixed, lands are created, and new players are discovering Jamaa's joy. Now that's just my definition of beta. There were no memberships back then - after beta ended, everyone who experienced it got a free 30-day membership (Unfortunately, I joined right after beta ended, seeing the last glimpse of the wonderful basic world, and did not get to have the membership nor see the beta dens). That just about wraps things up for beta - after that, Animal Jam evolved    
into what it is now - over time of course. Everything of my memories just sorta vanished.....

3 comments:

  1. right now i think animal jam is too modernized... i wish animal jam wound bring back to beta days for at least two weeks as a bonus to all jammers. i am regretting that i started playing animal jam a bit late... and i want to know EVERYTHING about the beta days!! -DRAGONESSCLAWS101

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I joined AJ for the last few days of beta and it rocked! But if they keep getting modern, Animal Jam's gonna go downhill fast. D:

      -Infinity

      Delete
  2. I joined before beta, I have seen beta videos they look cool, I saw super rares for sale! O.O

    -SpottedheartWindclan

    ReplyDelete